This month, Benoy Chairman Graham Cartledge CBE travelled to Hong Kong, Beijing and Shanghai in his capacity as Vice-Chair of the China-Britain Business Council (CBBC) to support a number of events raising the profile of British businesses in China.
As part of the CBBC’s fourth annual China Outbound Conference in Shanghai, Graham Cartledge chaired a panel discussion (pictured) on “Infrastructure, Regeneration and Energy”, voicing opportunities for investment in the infrastructure sector in the UK. Joining the panel were leading industry members including:
- Dr. Shengke Zhi, China Business Manager, Clean Energy, Amec Foster Wheeler
- Sam Boyling, Partner, Pinsent Masons
- Neil Robinson, Director of Global Communications, ABP London
- Chas Pope, Associate Director, Arup
- Paul Wills, 1st Secretary, Head of Environment & Infrastructure, China Department for International Trade
Centring on the key areas of Chinese investment in the UK, the discussion touched on infrastructure, regeneration and energy, advanced engineering and manufacturing, innovation and technology, and also outlined the implications for Chinese firms in engaging in and operating such projects.
As part of the visit, the CBBC Board led by Lord Sassoon also met with a number of high-profile public figures including Party Secretary Han Zheng in Shanghai and British Ambassador to China, Dame Barbara Woodward DCMG OBE, in Beijing.
More information on the CBBC’s fourth annual China Outbound Conference can be found here: http://www.cbbc.org/news/fourth-cbbc-china-outbound-conference-held-in-shan/